Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Whoa, Programming Council Does Stuff?

Programming Council (aka waste of time, space, money, and energy) at the fine institution known as Boston University, has actually done something useful. Girl Talk is playing on September 20th, huzzah! Hopefully it actually happens. I have high hopes since Programming Council announced it ( not like the Talib Kweli debacle). I just hope the fine Council can continue on its path to gloriousness ( let's not get 36 Mafia and Cobra Starship again, alright?).
As for other dreams I have for the Boston Area, what is with all this tour hate? In a new occurring and lethal trend, more and more bands have been skipping Boston on their tours. Current example: Cut Copy ( with the Presets). Its commonly becoming the trend to play nyc and philly then go directly to Europe. I know gas is expensive, but please I'm dying. Let's kill this trend okay?

I hope Animal Collective comes to Boston soon. I think Panda Bear harbors some hate though against his old institution. Then again, I think about dropping out of BU all the time , so he just got out lucky.


update--> yay! trend dying, tickets for cut copy with the presets are on sale Friday 7/25 for their show at Paradise.

- sincerely,
pippi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pippi,
I will book this year's concerts for PC and while I am excited about your enthusiasm for GT, allow me to say that we are most definitely not a waste of time/space/money/energy. We've done a lot of good things in the past but this year we all hope to make PC better than ever.